live Auction registration
The time has come and you’re preparing to bid in the LIVE AUCTION. What’s next?
Before you can bid in the LIVE AUCTION you have to register, either online or at the event.
To save time, we recommend you preregister online using the form below.
Registered bidders will be issued a numbered paddle at the event with which to bid.
Only bidders holding paddles will be allowed to place bids.
Conditions of Sale
The property listed in this auction will be offered for sale by Art League Houston (ALH), a nonprofit tax exempt organization, and any donor of such property for whom Art League Houston acts as an agent under the following terms and conditions:
1. All bids are to be per lot as numbered on the ALH website and printed catalog.
2. As used herein the term “final bid” means the price at which the lot is knocked down to the buyer.
3. All property is sold AS IS and with all faults and neither ALH nor the donor makes any expressed or implied warranties or representations as to the correctness of description, condition, size, importance, merchantability, rarity, provenance, genuineness, attribution, or period of the property. The buyer assumes the entire risk with respect to the property including correctness of description, the quality, condition, size, importance, merchantability, rarity, provenance, genuineness, attribution, or period of the property. No statement made in the list, or by any employees of ALH prior to, during, or after the sale, or in the bill of sale or invoice, or elsewhere, whether written or oral shall be deemed to be a warranty or representation. Neither shall the donor nor ALH be held responsible for any such statement. Condition statements in the catalog are frequently misinterpreted and therefore are rarely included in the descriptions. Prospective bidders are urged to inspect the property before the sale. Prospective bidders who are unable to preview the material are urged to call ALH.
4. ALH reserves the right to withdraw any property before the actual sale.
5. If the Auctioneer decides that any opening bid is below the value of the article offered, they may reject the bid and withdraw the article from sale.
6. The highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer shall be the purchaser. The Auctioneer has the right to reject any bid and to advance the bidding at her absolute discretion and, in the event of any dispute between the bidders, to determine the successful bidder or to reoffer and resell the article in dispute. Should there be any dispute after the sale, the Auctioneer’s record of final sale shall be conclusive. On the fall of the Auctioneer’s hammer, title to the offered lot shall pass to the purchaser, who shall forthwith assume full risk and responsibility for the lot and may be required to sign a confirmation of purchase, supply his/her name and address and pay the full purchase price or any part thereof. If the purchaser fails to comply with any such requirement, the lot may, at the Auctioneer’s discretion, be put up again and resold. If any dispute arises after the sale, ALH’s records shall be conclusive. All sales are final and not subject to return or refund.
7. As a convenience to clients who cannot attend the auction, they may submit bids by email, Fax, or postal mail in writing, or in person and must be received in the Art League Houston office by 1 PM CST on Saturday, April 28, 2018. The Absentee Bid Form or a photo copy may be used for mail or fax bids. Email bids may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide all information requested on the Absentee Bid Form, with the exception of the credit card information. A member of the ALH staff will call you to confirm your bid and take your credit card information at that time. “Buy Bids” will not be accepted. All written bids must state the highest price the bidder is willing to pay. Should identical bids be submitted, the earliest received shall take precedence. All other order bids will be executed in competition with other order bids, reserves and bids received from the audience. ALH offers this service without charge as a convenience only, and will not be held responsible for error or failure to execute bids. Successful bidders shall be notified by invoice detailing purchase(s) made and payment(s) owed.
8. All purchases must be paid for in full and removed or shipped from ALH at the sole risk and expenses of the purchaser.
9. Payment may be cash, personal check (with proper identification), or Visa/MasterCard/AMEX. Credit card sales will be executed the day of the Auction. Payments for lots purchased by successful bids must be forwarded immediately upon receipt of invoice. Purchases to be shipped will be carefully wrapped and sent first class insured for an additional charge, a minimum of $50. Packing and handling of purchased lots, if requested, is for the convenience of, and at the entire risk of, the purchaser. ALH is not responsible for the acts or omissions of carriers or packers of purchased lots.
10. Neither ALH nor consignors make representation that the buyer of any property listed in this list offered for sale will in any way whatsoever acquire reproduction rights thereto.
11. Estimates are furnished only as a service to prospective bidders. They are the approximate prices the lots are expected to realize. They have been prepared well in advance of the auction and are subject to change.