ART LEAGUE SCHOOL COORDINATOR
Art League Houston seeks a full-time Art League School Coordinator who is the primary staff liaison with students, visitors, instructors, and teaching-artists. This position requires excellent customer service, multi-tasking and communication skills. We are seeking a candidate that is personable, proactive, adaptable as well as skilled in Microsoft office and social media platforms. The ideal candidate will interact with students, instructors and artists, manage all registrations, keep track of supplies, engage social media about the class/program offerings and coordinate the programmatic calendar in consultation with the Education Programs Director.
The Art League School Coordinator position provides hands-on experience in the operations of a busy community art center, and opportunities to assist in other areas within Art League Houston including special events, membership, marketing, programming and other duties as assigned. This full-time position reports to the Education Programs Director with a starting salary of $30,000, generous benefits plan, and includes a healthcare allowance. Hours: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday.
- Communicate program offerings to current and prospective students
- Oversee all aspects of student registration
- Manage policies and resolve student and instructor issues
- Prepare daily payment reports
- Manage instructor payroll and materials fee reimbursement
- Create and collect evaluations
- Manage all aspects of the quarterly class schedule production
- Create printed and social media marketing materials, including an annual publication
- Coordinate the model lab
- Update and manage quarterly studio schedules including rentals, classes, and studio equipment
- Obtain and prepare art-making supplies
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and customer service skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Social media savvy
- Positive and friendly demeanor, “roll up your sleeves” hands-on attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as Google applications
- Passion for arts education
- Experience with Squarespace and Constant Contact a strong plus
- Studio art background a plus
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
Please submit the following materials in MS Word or PDF electronic format via email to email@example.com.
- Cover letter
- Resume with salary requirements
- Three (3) professional references who will not be contacted without the approval of the candidate
Please do not mail hard copies. All materials must be received by Sunday, July 16, 2017.