BOARD + STAFF
Board of Directors
Sean P. Marshall
Artist Advisory Board
Prince Varughese Thomas
Art League Houston Staff
Evening Program Associate
Art League School Coordinator
Evening Program Associate
Youth & Community Outreach Coordinator
ALH DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Application Deadline: March 23, 2018
Art League Houston (ALH), a visual arts organization celebrating its 70th anniversary, is seeking a full-time Development Director to work closely with the Executive Director on all fundraising the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. At least three years of development experience is required as well as excellent writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills. We are seeking an individual who is pursuing development/fundraising in the nonprofit sector as a career. This full-time position reports to the Executive Director with a starting salary of $40,000, generous benefits plan, and includes a healthcare allowance. Hours: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday, and occasional evening and weekend hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to raise funds for the organization in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner.
- Develop and grow ALH’s individual donor base, annual giving and major gifts campaign, membership drive, fundraising events, and corporate and foundation solicitation
- Develop and write grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations and persuasively communicate the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation and corporate contacts and program officers.
- Ensure prompt acknowledgement of all gifts.
- Maintain development calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
- Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals.
- Provide writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
- Visibly represent ALH in the community and travel to appropriate fundraising events and conferences.
- Work with Executive Director (ED) to help manage annual gala and art auction, along with all other fundraising and donor development events.
- Work evenings and weekends as required (flex time).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- High energy, positive, "can-do" attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and high degree of initiative
- Outstanding attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Passion for arts and culture
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new donors
- Strong partnership-building and event planning skills
- Good computer skills and some knowledge of data base programs
- Social media savvy
To apply please email resume, cover letter, 2 grant-writing samples and 3 job references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.