BOARD + STAFF
Board of Directors
Artist Advisory Board
Prince Varughese Thomas
Art League Houston Staff
Interim Executive Director
Evening Program Associate
Art League School Coordinator
Evening Program Associate
YOUTH & COMMUNITY OUTREACH COORDINATOR
Application Deadline: January 15, 2018
Art League Houston seeks a full-time Youth & Community Outreach Coordinator who is the primary staff liaison with Teaching Artists, partnering elementary school principals and coordinators, program participants and community partners involved in the Healing Art, ArtBound!, and Summer High School Studio Art Intensive programs. This position requires someone with a passion for arts access and art education who has excellent communication, multi-tasking and customer service skills. We are seeking a candidate that is passionate, personable, proactive, and adaptable as well as skilled in Microsoft office and social media platforms.
The Youth & Community Outreach Coordinator position provides hands-on experience in the operations of a busy community art center, and opportunities to assist in other areas within Art League Houston including special events, development, membership, marketing, programming and other duties as assigned. This full-time position reports to the Executive Director with a starting salary of $28,000, generous benefits plan, and includes a healthcare allowance. Hours: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday, and occasional evening and weekend hours.
• Defines, develops goals for, and maintains vision and quality of community-based programs, including the Healing Art, ArtBound!, and Summer High School Studio Art Intensive
• Identifies and recruits partnering schools for the ArtBound! Program
• Identifies, recruits, manages, and onboards Teaching Artists for the Healing Art, ArtBound!, and Summer High School Studio Art Intensive programs
• Develop new and existing relationships with community partners for the Healing Art, ArtBound!, and Summer High School Studio Art Intensive programs
• Ensures clear, timely communication with Teaching Artists, partnering elementary school principals and coordinators, program participants and community partners involved in the Healing Art, ArtBound!, and Summer High School Studio Art Intensive programs.
• Sets clear expectations for Teaching Artists, partnering elementary school principals and coordinators, program participants and community partners involved in the Healing Art, ArtBound!, and Summer High School Studio Art Intensive programs.
• Manage budgets for the Healing Art, ArtBound!, and Summer High School Studio Art Intensive programs
• Manage teaching artist payment and materials fee reimbursement
• Create and collect program evaluations
• Effectively creates and collects evaluations, as well as data management of program statistics
• Oversee and manage the annual Healing Art Fundraiser
• Create marketing materials, including an annual ArtBound! Publication.
• Obtain, prepare and manage inventory of art-making supplies for programs
• Conducts site visits
• Effectively documents projects and programs
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Passion for arts access and arts education
• Experience working within education settings
• Excellent administrative, organizational, and customer service skills
• Outstanding attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task
• Effective and persistent verbal and written communication skills
• Positive and friendly demeanor, “roll up your sleeves” hands-on attitude
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as Google applications
• Social media savvy
• Studio art background a plus
• Fluency in Spanish a plus
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, and three job references to email@example.com by January 15, 2018.
ABOUT ART LEAGUE HOUSTON
Founded in 1948, Art League Houston has radically evolved beyond the parameters of traditional art leagues. While keeping the core of the art league model – a robust membership deeply committed to the value of visual art in contemporary life – Art League Houston embraces contemporary approaches to curatorial programming, community-building, art education, and outreach to underserved communities.
The mission of Art League Houston is to connect the community through diverse, dynamic, and creative experiences that bring people together to see, make, and talk about contemporary visual art.
Inclusivity: We welcome all members of our diverse community and seek opportunities for interaction and access. Art - and therefore Art League Houston - is for everyone.
Creativity: We are passionate about the power of creativity to inspire individuals to action and to facilitate understanding among people. Creativity is at the heart of everything we do. Learning: We provide opportunities for people to learn about art, themselves, and each other. Learning permeates all of our programs.
Service: We exist to benefit the Greater Houston community. We enrich people's lives, improve quality of life and contribute to the vitality of our city.
Evolution: We change and grow with our city and the arts landscape. We look to the future while celebrating our past.
Art League Houston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate due to age, sex, religion, race, color, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor prohibited by law.