ART LEAGUE SCHOOL POLICIES
- Art League School provides adult studio courses for those who are 17 and older. Students who are younger and wish to attend must have consent by their parent/guardian along with permission by the instructor of the class/workshop.
- There are no prerequisites for enrollment.
- Art League School courses are noncredit courses and Art League School does not issue student transcripts.
- Art League Houston is not able to grant F1 student visas to international students.
- Due to limited studio space, students must take home their possessions such as class work, materials, and personal items by the end of each course session. If personal items are found, students may inquire about Art League Houston’s limited lost-and-found. Class work and/or materials abandoned in studio spaces are subjected to being discarded by the end of each class meeting. Art League Houston is not liable for lost or stolen items.
- Registration periods are scheduled in three intervals: Pre-Registration, General Registration, and Late Registration.
- Pre-Registration is open to current Art League School students only.
- General Registration is open for registration at the full tuition amount. The only applicable discount during General Registration is the Art League Houston members discount promo code.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Art League Houston is not obliged to hold class seats and is not obliged to open additional seating, unless consent is given by the instructor.
- Should the course be full, anticipating students can contact us at 713-523-9530 or email@example.com and confirm their spot in the course waiting list. While students are able to contact the office for recent updates of class enrollment, Art League School does not guarantee seating for students on the waiting list for the current quarter or future course quarters.
- If necessary, Art League Houston reserves the right to refuse enrollment to participants with a history of unacceptable behavior.
- Payment for tuition and related fees must be paid in full at the time of registration. Installment plans are not accepted. Accepted forms of payment are checks, cash, credit cards (American Express, Discover, Master Card, and Visa) and Art League Houston issued gift certificates.
- Art League School tuition are not pro-rated.
- Memberships are valid for one year from date of membership purchased.
- Memberships are non-refundable.
- Only members of Art League Houston receive a tuition discount on classes and workshops.
- Art League School students are members once they have formally signed up as a member.
- Art League School students who are non-members are not entitled to the member discount unless they have formally signed up for memberships.
More information about membership at www.artleaguehouston.org/membership/.
- Some courses may require additional fees paid to Art League Houston or collected by the instructor on the first day of class. These fees are stated in the class schedule, and may include, but are not limited to, supplies, model fees, and equipment maintenance.
- Students are responsible for purchasing their own materials, unless otherwise stated. Materials lists can be viewed by on the Art League Houston at www.artleaguehouston.org/materials.
- Students registering after the scheduled registration will be charged a late registration fee of $15.00.
WITHDRAW AND REFUNDS
- Notice of withdrawal must be completed on the Art League Houston student drop form in order to receive refunds or class credits. Drop forms can be obtained by email or in-person at our offices. Call 713-523-9530 to request a student drop form.
- Art League School student drop forms must be filled for each course of withdrawal.
- Refunds or credits will only be issued for students that officially withdraw – with filled student drop form – before the first scheduled class meeting. No refunds or credits will be given after the first class meets.
- A $60.00 registration and processing fee is incurred when issuing refunds.
- The $60.00 registration and processing fee is non-refundable, unless Art League Houston formally cancels the course.
- Credits are non-transferable and must be used within one year from date of issue.
- Failure to attend sessions or verbal notification will not be regarded as an official notice of withdrawal. Our drop form must be completed in full and returned to the office before the first scheduled day of class.
- Membership items are non-refundable.
COURSE CANCELLATIONS AND UPDATES
- If it is necessary for Art League Houston to cancel a class for any reason, all registered participants will be informed as soon as possible and offered the opportunity to receive a credit or transfer to another class.
- Art League Houston reserves the right to change class instructors when necessary.
- Art League Houston reserves the right to relocate, combine, or reschedule classes which may also cause an adjustment to tuition and fees as needed.
MAKE UP CLASSES
- In the event that a class session is canceled due to severe weather and road conditions or instructor absence, make up class schedules will be arranged by the instructor during the scheduled make up week, or, during the time the instructor arranges unanimously with the class.
- Art League School does not offer more make up sessions past the schedule make up week for each course quarter.
- Art League School instructors are not inclined to provide make up sessions for individual student absences.
- Limited parking space is available in the parking lot and neighborhood parking for Art League School students, instructors and guests.
- Please note that parking within 30 feet of stop signs is illegal and doing so risks for towing. Art League Houston is not liable for towed vehicles.
- Art League Houston advises for individuals to not leave visible items in vehicles unattended. Should individuals need assistance or escorting from the vehicles to the Art League Houston building, call 713-523-9530.
LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS
- Art League Houston is not liable for lost or stolen items.
- During class/workshop session, photographs of students, instructors and/or their artwork will occasionally be taken for use in print and digital publications, promotional materials, and for archival purposes.